Thursday 22 May 2008

P5: capture existing images using a scanner and a digital camera and edit them to meet a given user need

My first image uses a scanner to capture a hand drawn sketch.

Before..





















To improve the image I first adjusted the contrast and brightness to ensure I had a more definite pencil line. I then removed the colour by converting the image to grey scale. This meant I lost all colours (for example some blue from the paper).

Returning to RGB mode I then used layers to colour in the picture. Using Photoshop layers meant that I could colour the image without ruining any edges or the overall eliteness of my drawing.

After


























Photo




Here, i got a picture from the internet off an actress. I decided to completely change the picture to represent a character on Command and Conquer Kanes Wrath



Below is the picture of her before, then after the change




















Then after:


















For this, i used a number of layers for the different bits. I used colour correction to make the eyes a different colour from the rest of the face. Brushes were used to create the wounds on her face and logo's for the CNC & NOD were gotten from the internet and merged into the rest of the picture



After doing this, Robin informed me that the photo had to be one taken by me, so he kindly allowed me to photograph him and edit it. To create the image i used masking to change the color of his face, i then used the brush tool to turn everything else back to a normal color. After doing this i got a horror background, cropped his body and used distort to make things look more realistic.


No comments: