Thursday 1 May 2008

The three graphical designs

Encert

EnCert is a new company providing Energy Certificates to homeowners. (see explanation from last week). They require a logo for their website and letterheads. EnCert needs the logo to look professional and make the clients to associated it with energy (gas, electricity etc).



My logo for Encert is below

























I've tried to keep my logo as simple as possible. Although simple, i think that my logo is modern and would appeal to a big audience. The idea of the moon shape represents the earth and energy, and the font represents a modern form of preserving it. The reasons above state why it meets the clients requests to their full potential.



I've used layers to allow the shape to go behind the font. There are also various forms in which i cut out a picture of the earth and used it to effectively colour in the shape. I didn't really like how it did this because of the way it made the logo look cheap so i decided to remove it. I added some effects to the font including sharpen. This helped to stop pixelation and made the logo look more defined.





Microsoft (Vizual Impact)



Microsoft has approached Vizual Impact to produce some displays for its stand at a show to be held in the Birmingham NEC publicising its newest operating system. Produce a graphic that could be printed onto a large piece of card to be used on the Microsoft stand



My stand for Microsoft is below









As you can see, my new operating system is called Aero. I've including the picture of Bill Gates as he is the front man of the company, and a friendly face. Reliability amoungst other things are what comes along with him.


I've included two microsoft logos so people know what they are getting, i also blurred the logo and bill to fit with the Aero theme. I chose the Vista theme as i feel that it stands out, and the colours represent the company quite well and make things seem familiar.


A number of effects have been done on all the layers and each logo is on a seperate. I went through a number of problems to achieve this, including overlapping and coloured font. I orginally wanted the Aero to put in the red/blue/green and yellow microsoft theme but because of the type of font and the size it didn't work correctly so i removed it. I decided to go for a white background to keep a neutral style.


The size of this would fit the needs, and could easily be resized without much pixelation at all.



Healthburger


An organics foods mobile fast-food service has requested a roadside sign. It will be used on a stand so when its van is parked in a lay-by offering quality burgers and all-day breakfasts, passing motoists will notice it. This sign is to be in full colour and must be eye-catching



Below is my road side sign


The client asked for a sign that would be highly visable from the roadside, that is why i included such a bright color. This will allow motorists travelling alone to road to easily see it. I decided to include the picture to show people that the food served is healthier than normal fast food.

I included the 100% organic logo on it to make sure that customers would know what kind of fast food it is.

No comments: